Group Board Director - DBD Limited (2007 - Present)
Since inception in 2004, DBD has been successfully built from a standing start with no personnel nor infrastructure into a company with a turnover approaching £12m, employing over 120 personnel in the UK, US, UAE and Japan.
Marie has been Board Director of DBD Group Holdings Ltd since its incorporation in 2015, and prior to this a Board Director of DBD Limited. During this period, Marie was appointed the Managing Director of DBD Limited, leading the growth of the UK based company, whilst implementing the subsidiary structure of DBD Inc in the USA and DBD LLC in UAE. Marie has extensive experience and knowledge of commercial and contractual requirements within the nuclear industry on a global level, including delivery to those requirements.
Marie is currently a member of the Programme Advisory Committee for CCFE and its Fusion programme, supporting the CCFE mission through review, challenge and advice on the implementation of its key deliverables. Marie also represented the SME community on NIRAB.
Marie is a member of Women in Nuclear and Women in Science and Engineering, she is proactive in supporting the recruitment of women into the industry and their subsequent development to take on leadership roles.
Marie has significant and relevant knowledge of how a large company and an SME interfaces across the Nuclear sector - including Defence, New Build, Waste Management, Decommissioning, Operations and New Technologies (SMR, AMR and Fusion) - as well as UK Government
Profile & key experience:
A highly experienced leader with key strategic experience at the topmost level within a company. Marie has led the development, negotiation and successful delivery of key commercial growth within a Small to Medium Enterprise (SME). She has strong interpersonal and communication skills, which have been utilised in key Stakeholder Management areas for the delivery of global strategies.
During her career Marie has had a wide range of experience in project, commercial and contract management delivery and strategy development. In addition, Marie has developed and implemented best practice and leading-edge processes to support the global growth of DBD Limited in the nuclear and non-nuclear markets, comprising of the areas:
- Strategic Consulting
- Engineering Design
- Safety, Security and Environment
-Nuclear Site Support
- Simulation & Modelling
Marie has extensive experience in the nuclear and defence sectors; developing unique commercial models associated with major capital delivery and risk-focused commercial delivery processes. She has undertaken reviews on major nuclear projects, both in the UK and Internationally.
Marie brings with her 25 years of experience in highly regulated sectors at a senior and strategic level. She has successfully developed senior relationships in the UK and US.
Marie is a Company Director, a Non-Exec Board Director of the UK’s Nuclear Industry Association (NIA), a Chartered Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry, a Senior Advisor to the UK Fusion Programme Advisory Committee, a Member of Women in Science & Engineering and Women in Nuclear, a Member of the Institute of Directors and a Voluntary Advisor to the NHS North Cumbria Commissioning Group supporting the mental and emotional well being of vulnerable children and young adults.
Qualifications & training:
- BSc (Hons) Upper Second Chemistry
- Cranfield Management Development Programme Personal Effectiveness Programme
- NLP Courses
- Contract Law Courses
- Contract Partnering Programme
- Radiological Safety and Classified Worker training
- Conventional Safety management
- Contract Pricing and Negotiation
- Chartered Chemist (CChem)
- Board Member of the Nuclear Industry Association
- Senior Advisor to CCFE
- Member of the Institute of Directors
Director of Commercial & Procurement, Capenhurst - British Nuclear Group Ltd (2005 - 2007)
- Management of the Commercial and Procurement Groups to meet requirements of the prime NDA contract.
- Development of the strategy for the BNG Capenhurst Site in line with the Lifetime Plans for NDA Commercial management of the prime NDA contract and other Client contracts.
- Procurement and Contract Management functions to support project delivery Interface management with Urenco.
- Delivery of improved Customer Satisfaction.
Business Change Manager, Procurement & Logistics - British Nuclear Group Ltd (2004 - 2005)
- Development of the overall scope, programme and costs associated with the Commercial and Contracts Transition Programme.
- Commercial lead for development of Trial Competitive Bids to develop and prove the British Nuclear Group Bid Process.
- Leadership of optioneering and feasibility processes.
- Integration of business, technical and environmental drivers.
Procurement Change Manager, Procurement and Logistics - BE Ltd (2002 - 2003)
- Programme managed the initial phase of the reorganisation and cultural change of the Procurement organisation with an annual spend ~ £500m ~ 230 personnel.
- Development of the overall programme management for the delivery of the Procurement Strategic Plan, a key deliverable to the Customer – including frontline Procurement, Policy & Strategy and Warehousing & Logistics.
- Identified key training, development and recruitment requirements in order to deliver the most ‘fit for purpose’ organisation.
Partnering Group Manager - BE Ltd (2001 - 2002)
- Managed a change team to develop the behavioural skills and cultural change within the Project Delivery Function for working cooperatively with key suppliers.
- Worked with key suppliers on developing the most effective organisational model for delivering business value and implementing Alliance Agreements.
- Developed key contractual arrangements and processes for the implementation of measures of success in Project Alliancing.
- Managed the development of an overall Project Alliancing process and integrated management system Delivered a Global Client Partnering Conference, with representatives from 18 companies coming together to share best practice.
PPP Options Manager - BNFL Plc (2001)
- As part of a team developed strategic options relating to organisational shapes for potential PPP of the company, the formation of a Government Authority for the management of the UK’s Nuclear Liabilities and overall restructuring of the Nuclear Industry.
- Worked with the Shareholder to evaluate the options, identify implementation plans and key risks Worked with key areas across the business in developing the options and implementing these through the formation of the LMU.
Special Assistant to the Chairman - BNFL Plc (1999 - 2001)
- Advised the Chairman of key issues around the company and within the industry Developed key strategic and operational material.
- Formed part of the team interfacing with the Shareholder on key Strategic issues for the Company Developed key strategic relationship requirements for the Chairman, both internal and external to the Company.
- Prepared key information required by the Company Board members.
Partnering and Commercial Manager and Project Engineer - BNFL Plc (1990 - 1999)
- Led the development and implementation of the best practice partnering selection process for key projects including BTC, Thorp, B38 and B30.
- Developed the Partnering and Alliancing commercial arrangements.
- Developed key information and guidance to the business groups on the implementation of cooperative working with the Supply Chain.
- Developed and administered profit modelling techniques.
- Negotiated schemes of values up to £5M with key Customers and a negotiation team member for schemes of values up to £401M with key Customers.