Chairman - DBD Limited (2004 - Present)
Since inception in 2004, DBD has been successfully built from a standing start with no personnel nor infrastructure into a company with a turnover approaching £12m, employing over 120 personnel in the UK, US, UAE and Japan.
In this time, Andrew’s major achievements have included:
- The recruitment of highly experienced personnel as leaders in their field and less experienced personnel in order to negotiate succession planning.
- The growth of an inclusive culture based on clear communication and direction, team ownership, knowledge management, mentoring and high value Client delivery.
- Blending the wide range of ages and experience within the company, whilst maintaining a clear and inclusive culture.
- Ensuring commercial focus, company utilisation and technical and managerial delivery are maintained at the forefront.
- The creation of a well-respected brand within the company’s operational sectors and the formation of innovative delivery techniques.
- The development of a significant multi-national and multi-cultural Client base.
On the Technical delivery front:
- Advised key Clients on the best project, design, commissioning and operational strategies.
- Provided ongoing team development, technical and managerial support for major projects at Client sites in highly regulated sectors.
- Led the delivery of several ‘White Papers’ and implementation of their recommendations for a key Clients.
- Led various major capital project reviews including strategy, programme and estimates.
- Developed and applied a Risk Based approach for Nuclear Projects.
- Provision of mentoring to key Client personnel in order to coach them through difficult and high-risk programmes.
- Development of a Business Critical Review process for a key defence Client, and mentoring Client personnel to manage the process upon completion of implementation.
- Led the reviews of significant nuclear facilities in the US, UAE and Japan.
- Worked closely with UK and Welsh governments in nuclear sector and on skills development.
Andrew is a successful Chairman, entrepreneur and technical expert with extensive proven experience building an international company and leading large capital programmes of technically challenging work. His leadership and interpersonal skills are extensive, demonstrated by the successful development of the company and the achievement of demanding Client targets. Andrew is an extremely dedicated and determined individual who places integrity and open communication at the heart of his work.
Andrew has extensive experience in the nuclear fission and fusion sectors; developing unique IP associated with design, engineering, commissioning, multi-criteria decision analysis and risk-focused project delivery processes. He has both delivered and undertaken reviews on major nuclear projects, both in the UK and Internationally.
Andrew brings with him over 30 years of experience in highly regulated sectors at a senior and strategic level. He has successfully developed senior relationships in the UK, US, China, Japan and UAE.
Andrew is a Company Director and Chairman of DBD Group Holdings - a company that is delivering in 6 countries - a Board member of the Panasonic Trust, a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, an advisor to UK government and a Fellow of both the Institute of Chemical Engineers and Institute of Directors.
Qualifications & training:
- BSc (Hons) Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineers.
- Trustee and Board Member of the Panasonic Trust.
- Advisor to UKG on Technical and Engineering Innovation.
- Fellow of the Institute of Directors.
- Leading large capital programmes of technically challenging work.
- Excellent management skills and able to develop relationships quickly with a variety of stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in the nuclear fission and fusion sectors; developing unique IP associated with design, engineering, commissioning, multi-criteria decision analysis, and risk-focused project delivery processes.
Senior Consultant — Praxis Critical Systems Ltd (2002 - 2004)
- During this period led the development of the vision, strategy and Customer engagement for the company entry into a new market sector.
- Programme management and delivery of a strategy review on behalf of a Directorate at a significant defence site, which included the application of both technical and behavioural learning points to a team that was ‘out of its depth’.
Head of Integration — BE Ltd (2001 - 2002)
- Leading a team of highly skilled personnel delivering the strategic review, optioneering and formulation of revised delivery strategy of the total scope of a waste clean-up programme.
- Delivery of revised forward strategy and workload predictions.
- Formulation of lifetime planning strategy and delivery tools.
- Delivery of culture change within teams.
- Leadership of optioneering and feasibility processes.
- Integration of business, technical and environmental drivers.
Head of Projects and Business Planning — BE Ltd (2000 - 2001)
- Led the review and delivery of the total programme for a Business Unit in the waste clean-up arena, including extensive change management of culture and working practices.
- Leadership of Business Unit resources (500 persons with 10 direct reports in two key sites in the Northwest).
- Delivery of major capital projects and Technology for the Business Unit.
- Leadership of change programme to asset based approach for the future workload.
- Management of Commissioning and Operations & Maintenance Function to support project delivery.
- Deployment of skills and resources to commit £1.5B assets into operational status.
Further details available on request.