I attended the University of Strathclyde, achieving a Masters degree in Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. After graduating, I worked for a Chemical company, gaining experience in the Chemical Manufacturing industry. In 2012, I then began looking for a new challenge and career opportunity having previously worked outside of the nuclear industry, I successful applied to join DBD commencing in March 2012.
Since joining the company I have been fortunate to have been provided with the opportunity to gain experiences in a range of areas. Although my degree is in Engineering I have also had the opportunity to work on Safety related projects, bid work, as well as Engineering Design and Optioneering for both UK and overseas clients.
As a young Engineer I have been given the opportunity to travel to Japan presenting to some of DBD’s key clients which was a great experience. DBD has also supported me in volunteering for the Young Generation Network (YGN), of which, I am now pleased to be one of the 2018 Vice Chairs.
“The Nuclear Institute Young Generation Network is an ever-expanding group of young nuclear professionals and enthusiasts,” and the YGN provides “a platform for networking, education and career development”. I first began volunteering for the YGN in 2014, and was then invited to join their Committee in 2015. Since then, I have been actively involved with organising YGN events and activities, including:
- The 2014 YGN Networking Event and Panel Session
- The 2014 and 2015 YGN Intro to Nuclear New Build Seminar
- The 2015 YGN Sponsorship Lead
- The European Nuclear Young Generation Forum (ENYGF) 2017 Sponsorship Lead. This event saw over 400 attendees from across the world attend a 5-day event in Manchester
- I am a member of the Nuclear Institute (NI) RadWaste Special Interest Group (SIG), contributing my viewpoint on important industry issues
- YGN Company Representative at DBD – acting as a conduit to spread and share key information from the YGN and NI to those within DBD, informing others of upcoming events
- 2018 Vice Chair in 2018.